Please note: This product is local pickup only. We no longer ship long hives. Also, you must pre-order these hives. We do not generally have any in stock that are already built, especially in the spring. If anything, call ahead before you drive to the store.
Stop hurting your back by lifting
Stop making the bees mad every time
you un-stack the hive to look in the bottom box.
Look for beetles and mites easier
and feed easier.
There are plenty of benefits to beekeeping
in our Great Lakes Long Hives. Once you set them where you want them, you don't
have to lift a finger to work in them. It is table top beekeeping at its best!
STANDARD HIVE INCLUDES:
- It holds 30 frames (NOT INCLUDED)
- There are 12 slats that go above the frames between the
frames and the lid to keep the bees from gaining access to the space under
the lid. Three of them are screened for ventilation, the rest are solid.
We do sell the inner cover slats separate if you want more solid slats or
more screen slats.
- Two screen doors on the bottom of the hive that can be
opened or closed for ventilation.
- Fits all Langstroth parts and pieces.
- A bungee on the side to hold the lid open or closed.
- A queen excluder and a solid divider.
- Metal cover to protect from weather (Please paint these
hives to make them last longer)
- Enough space between the bottom of the cover and the
inner slats to put a large in hive feeder for winter. (extra slat included
to make feeder fit.)
- Entrance and small deck in the end will fit your
standard broadman jar feeder.
We also offer some add-ons to the
- Add Beetle Traps - this will allow you to slid trays in
under the hive, beneath the screen bottoms. you can fill these trays with
oil to act as Hive Beetle traps OR you can put your sticky boards in them
to watch your mite counts
- Add Peaked Roof - Don't want a flat roof? Click the
option to change your metal flat roof to a peaked metal roof with vents in
- Want a more decorative look? Change your metal
peaked roof into a wood shingle peaked roof
- Want a larger hive than just 30 frames? Change your
hive from holding 30 deep frames to holding 40 deep frames. This larger size hive will require two entrances and they will be on the back of the hive. (40 frame long hives measure approx. 59.75" in length, add 3" for lid)
- ** Please note: If you purchase any of the add-on options, pickup times may be extended as we sometimes need to build these styles when ordered. We generally only carry the standard, flat roof version in stock.
Why aren't frames and foundation
included? Because, we find that more
people are upgrading from a Langstroth Hive to a Great Lakes Long Hive so they
already have frames and foundation.
See our video on our website at http://www.greatlakesbeesupply.com/#!blank-1/vznbw
**Please remember, that in most cases, these hives are made when you order them. Because they are made by hand and not in a factory, variations do exists for different styles and size hives. Rest assured, you are getting a hive that has been thoroughly tested on our farm and by many others and they all work great!
SORRY, BUT WE DO NOT OFFER PLANS FOR THESE HIVES.